Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My first love

I first fell in love when i was doing my primary( around 4th std)
My first love: books.....
I don't remember the book, but i didnt keep it down till i finished it once.
since then, i always had a passion for reading.
I used to read all books i could lay my hands on, magazines, joke books all.
But reading as in novels happened rather late for me... in my tenth hols, i read a John Grisham book, the Runaway Jury, i still am in luv wit the book, probably because it was my first.
Since Then i have been reading off and on.
In college, it used to be typical techie stuff, the old books had a great smell (hmmm...) --all my friends tease me for smelling books, and i used to borrow all tech stuff - parallel processing, electronic circuits, VB, cryptography,algorithms, image processing -- NO, im not even an amateur in any of these, but the idea of these huge books adorning my jam-packed studytable-cum-bookshelf excited me and i tirelessly carried them all home... I even used to extend the borrow period for these books. I would chide myself for such senselessness often, but still continue the same.
Side by side with advice and suggestions from friends, i would read a limited number of books.
Significant among them is Fountainhead(courtesy harini).
Now that i am outta college, i thot i would leave behind my stupid craze for books, but latest in this list is a book on xqueries, that i renewed jus yesterday in my office library ;)

2 comments:

Harini said...

Vilayadaa dee ... Why did you read algorithms and all ? ( Now I cant talk abt that also to you )..Anyways Nice starter post.
Carrying huge books to Coll was pretty tough esp cos i never carried a big bag.These days I borrow books and leave it in room :-)

Keep posting ;

aarathy said...

i think you didnt read the post properly, i did not read algorithms, i jus borrowed buks from lib :)